Occasionally a domain device will not activate correctly by finding the KMS server automatically. Here is an easy way to manually activate Windows and Office and still correctly use the KMS server.
Windows Operating System:
1. Open a command prompt with elevation on server you wish to activate (Right click and run as administrator)
2. Run the following command to point Windows to the KMS server:
• cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms <IP or FQDN of Server>
3. Run the following command to activate Windows:
• cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato
It has long been very common to get error codes when trying to check and install Windows Updates.
Microsoft has released a website to help troubleshoot these common Windows Updates Issues.
Windows error codes: 0x80073712, 0x800705B4, 0x80004005, 0x8024402F, 0x80070002, 0x80070643, 0x80070003, 0x8024200B, 0x80070422, 0x80070020.
Troubleshoot PXE Boot:
- Check that Windows Deployment Services Service is running on the server you are trying to PXE Boot from.
- A task sequence must be targeting the device (Unknown Computers group or if the device exists in SCCM database)
- PXE Log Log on the SCCM Server to troubleshoot a PXE Boot.
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\smspxe.log
- Snapshot/backup your ADFS and ADFS Proxy servers.
- Import the new certificate to all servers personal store, in my case I am using a Wildcard Certificate obtained from GoDaddy. *Details can be found here.
- Open WIndows Powershell
- Get new certificate thumbprint by running the command: