Occasionally a domain device will not activate correctly by finding the KMS server automatically. Here is an easy way to manually activate Windows and Office and still correctly use the KMS server.
Windows Operating System:
1. Open a command prompt with elevation on server you wish to activate (Right click and run as administrator)
2. Run the following command to point Windows to the KMS server:
• cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms <IP or FQDN of Server>
3. Run the following command to activate Windows:
• cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato
Microsoft Office 2013:
1. CD \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
2. cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:<FQDN of server>
3. cscript ospp.vbs /act
*note location of Office install may be different, browse to make sure you have the path correct in step 1.